I have not given this a lot of thought, but there are a number of things I would like to do before I die. And if you read my last post, you already know that I think my day of reckoning is still a long way off.
1. I would like to fly a bi-plane to each of the continental 48 states. Ideally it would be a 1938 Stearman army trainer.
2. I would like to ride a bobsled down an olympic run.
3. I want to fly in a hot air balloon.
4. I want to pilot a glider.
5. I would like to bicycle across America.
6. I would love to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.
7. I would like to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
8. I would love to safari in one of the African wildlife preserves.
9. I want to visit St. Petersburg Russia.
10. I would like to ride an elephant.
11. I would love to boat up the Yangtze River in China.
12. I want to walk a portion of the Great Wall of China.
13. I would like to climb Mt. Fuji Japan.
14. I want to go skiing in New Zealand’s mountains.
15. I’d like to get a ride in an Air Force jet going at least Mach 2.
16. I would love to attend the International Chopin Piano Competition held in Warsaw Poland.
17. I want to raft the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon.
18. I want to pan for gold in Alaska.
19. I want to drive a railroad steam engine.
20. I want to drive a race car at speeds approaching 200 mph.
21. I want to see an excellent display of the aurora borealis from either northern Alaska, Northern Norway, or North Sweden.
22. I would like to mush a dog sled in Alaska.
23. I would like to do Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
24. I would love to have dinner with Charlize Theron.
25. Finally, I would like to have dinner with God, or Jesus, and if they can not spare the time, dinner with my dad would be perfect.
So there’s my bucket list. And while I admit that number 25 seems rather unlikely, it could happen. You never know. I will welcome suggestions of other things I might consider doing.